Oculus Link is the optic cable that connects Oculus Quest to your gaming PC. If you intend to use the Oculus Link to get your Oculus Quest to function similar to the Oculus Rift, you should ensure that your PC falls under recommended VR requirements.
Here’s a step-by-step method of how you can set up your Quest with Oculus Link:
- Download the Oculus PC software
- Ensure that you have a compatible cable for Oculus Link
- Update your Oculus software on both your PC and your Quest.
- Once you have everything up-to-date, open the Oculus app on your PC.
- Switch on your Quest device.
- Plug in your USB cable into a USB port on your PC.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your headset.
- You will see a message displayed in VR, prompting you to Allow access to data.
- Select Deny. If you accidentally selected Allow, unplug your USB cable from your Quest and plug it in again.
- When you are prompted to Enable Oculus Link (beta), select Enable.
That’s it! Oculus Link is now active. You’ll see your Oculus Quest load Oculus Home