Thunderbolt 3 dock / Drive?

Hi all - is there a thunderbolt 3 dock, and/or external SSD that any of you could recommend? This would be for a PC.

I have an external via USB that is pretty slow for Unity projects which is getting annoying. Looking for any advice and/or products that you are currently using that you are happy with.

I’ve found the Samsung T7 SSD to be great for my video editing needs when the budget isn’t there for a more robust solution. I have a few in the 1TB and 2TB sizes that I’ve bought for different jobs. I would assume you’d have no issues with that solution for unity, and I was planning on taking that route for myself soon too.

Thanks for this!

I was eyeing that those drives and it’s good to know they work well. The transfer speeds definitely aren’t bad. Do you happen to use any Thunderbolt 3 docks for your machines?

I haven’t bought one yet, I have 2 ports on my PC so it’s not 100% necessary yet, but I feel like that would be a good thing to look into. Keep me posted on what you find.

I use a Caldigit TS3 Plus dock. I regularly switch back and forth between PC and Mac laptops with it, never had any problems with it

1 Like