Hi there, and welcome to XR Forum. This will be the primary place for our community to connect with industry experts, and ask/answer/search technical questions related to XR (AR, VR, MR – you name it!).
Please do not Spam
We encourage active participation in our forum, but please do not use this platform as a marketing channel to promote your product, service, business, or any unrelated content. Any off-topic excessive promotion or posting will be removed. If you see a spammer, please ignore and report them.
Remain respectful of other members at all times
We welcome healthy debates with other community members, however, we do not tolerate harassment, deliberate intimidation, threats, discrimination, or trolling of any kind. If you disagree, please explain your position with respect.
Keep the forum organized & structured
To ensure the most valuable/searchable forum, we ask you to:
- Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered. If it is, reply to that threat instead of creating a new one.
- Use a meaningful title for your question or thread. Provide as much context as possible in both your title. If asking a question, provide as much information as possible in the thread.
- Post your questions to the appropriate categories, and if appropriate, sub-categories too. If you’re unsure of which category to use, or have any category suggestions, please reach out to one of the forum moderators.
- yet another sub item
There are six main categories: Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Development, Design, Scripting, and Dev Tools & SDK.
Each category have a number of subcategories as follows:
- Development: Engine Design, Networking, Audio, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Controls, Optimization, Modding/Data-Driven Systems
- Dev Tools & SDK: Unity, Unreal, UnityMARS, ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia Engine, ARFoundation
- Augmented Reality: MagicLeap, HoloLens, LiDAR, Mobile
- Virtual Reality: Oculus, WebXR, Hand Tracking & Interaction, 360 Tours, Locomotion & Movement
- Coding/Scripting: C#
- Design: Shaders/Lighting, UI, Sound Design, Animation
In addition to categories, forum posts can also be categorized by use of tags. A forum post can have up to 3 tags added by the poster.